Opportunities for faculty
- Take advantage of CUNY Academy travel programs for F/T Assistant and Associate Professors.
- Please also nominate Assistant Professors for the prestigious Feliks Gross awards.
Opportunity for undergraduates
- Please nominate eligible undergraduates for the The Lane Cooper Dissertation Fellowship. The nomination deadline is 9 AM on November 1. This award provides a scholarship grant of up to $17,000 for the 2017-18 academic year to a CUNY undergraduate who has completed the sophomore year. The award is meant for a student who aspires to become a college or university professor of the humanities. The donor, Professor Lane Cooper, specifically mentioned the following priority subject areas: (a) Greek (b) Latin (c) English Language & Literature, especially in the periods of Old & Middle English and (d) Philosophy & History, including both ancient and medieval.
October and November CUNY Academy Events:
- The Fulbright program in Italy: Innovative Programs Through Partnerships. A talk by Paola Sartorio, Executive Director, the Fulbright Commission in Italy. 6 PM on Friday November 10, 2017. The event is at the John D. Calandra Italian American Institute of CUNY at 25 West 43rd Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10036. This event is cosponsored by the John D. Calandra Italian American Institute of Queens College, CUNY and by the Greater New York Chapter of the Fulbright Association. It will be hosted by Prof. Manfred Philipp. Please RSVP to email@example.com
- The Enclave Literary Series – Spain in New York: Iberian Literary Creation in the Big Apple, Friday, November 10, 2017, in the Graduate Center, Room 9204 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. This event is hosted by Professors Nora Glickman and Alejandro Varderi.
- “Moral Constitution: Elizabeth Cary’s The Tragedy of Mariam and the Color of Blood” presented by Professor Kimberly Anne Coles from University of Maryland. Thursday, November 16, 2017, in the Graduate Center, Room 9205, from 6:00 – 8:00 PM.The event is cosponsored by The Center for the Study of Women & Society and hosted by Prof. Susan O’Malley.
- The Enclave Literary Series – Caricatures, Democracy and Resistance, Friday, December 8, 2017, in the Graduate Center, Room 9204 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. This event is hosted by Professors Nora Glickman and Alejandro Varderi.