The Graduate Center’s internal deadline is Monday, January 3, 2022, 5pm. Students who wish to be considered must submit a completed application (along with supporting materials) to Rachel Sponzo in the Office of the Provost as a single pdf file. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 3th. The applications will be reviewed by the Graduate Center to determine which three will be forwarded to the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund for the national competition.
Below are the general guidelines. Attached is the complete application and student checklist.
DZL Application checklist for Student 2022-2023
DZL Printed Application 2022-2023
If you have questions, please contact Rachel Sponzo (email@example.com).
Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund – Conditions for 2022-2023
- Fellowships are available to students who are currently enrolled in and pursuing a graduate degree at a designated institution of higher learning located in the United States of America. Undergraduate students are no longer qualified candidates.
- The program of study being pursued by the candidate may include any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training). The selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors.
- The candidate must have received a baccalaureate degree at the time of application and have an outstanding undergraduate record.
- The candidate must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- The candidate may be of any national descent or background.
- The amount of each Fellowship will cover actual tuition cost only (no fees) plus an $18,000 annual stipend to be allocated towards room, board and ordinary living expenses, as well as any income taxes thereon.
- The recipient of a Fellowship shall be known as a Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellow.
- Fellowships are awarded annually. Each Fellow MUST APPLY FOR A RENEWAL of his or her fellowship by March 30th of the following year in accordance with the terms in effect at the time the fellowship is awarded. (No reminder will be sent.) Fellowships will be limited to a maximum of three years.
- Awarded fellowships may not be deferred.
- A Fellowship may be canceled at any time if a Fellow engages in misconduct affecting the Fund, breaches any of these rules or provides false information to the Fund either directly or indirectly.