From the Office of Career Planning and Professional Development
Two employers (IBM and Travelers) have recently reached out to us to recruit GC students for summer internships in data science/analytics. One of them, IBM Market Development & Insights, will host an information session at the GC on Wednesday, December 12th. Additional information is below and attached.
We in the Office of Career Planning and Professional Development are happy to assist you with your application to these opportunities. You can click find out about making an appointment at this link:https://careerplan.commons.gc.cuny.edu/services/appointments
Summer Analytics Internship at Travelers
- Gain knowledge about the insurance business and acquire advanced analytical experience working with key business areas
- Work in a collaborative and dynamic work environment providing recommendations to management on projects that deal with advanced analytical related concepts
- Designing and building statistical models, analyses at the right level of complexity to produce relevant results for the business
- Identifying, integrating and structuring complex data flows
- Identifying new opportunities for analytic solutions
- Validate, manipulate and perform data analysis tasks
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data support to ensure accuracy of metrics
This position was posted in GC Connect (more information about GC Connect can be found here: https://careerplan.commons.gc.cuny.edu/services).
IBM Market Development & Insights Information Session
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Graduate Center, Room 9206
Come to the information session at 4 pm on December 12th and learn about IBM Market Development & Insights and the data science team that applies advanced analytics to solve business problems for IBM internal stakeholders!
Market Development & Insights (MD&I) provides IBM’ers with a trusted, objective viewpoint on business topics and their impact on IBM with the goal of growing revenue. Our 10-week summer internship program will provide you with the opportunity to work on a strategic project that addresses real business challenges facing IBM’s decision makers. Last summer our intern team helped develop a dashboard that enabled geography and offering teams to analyze client experience survey scores against key business metrics. Throughout the summer, you will participate in educational sessions to develop skills, have opportunities to network with other members of MD&I and IBM, and gain exposure to many different parts of IBM’s business.
We are looking for master’s level applicants with previous professional experience in business analytics. Leveraging internal and external data sources, MD&I Analytics experts are expected to produce forward-looking insights that will drive value and growth for the business based upon solid evidence in data. Key data sources include Client Experience, Primary Research, and Brand Health. We are looking for dynamic individuals with experience in providing meaningful insights on client behavior and trends over time, developing analytic solutions, and presenting findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
Please use our registration form to sign up to attend.