As the semester gets under way, you might like help looking for a job or writing that paper. The Office of Career Planning and Professional Development can assist.
Our office offers Career Advising Appointments and Graduate Writing Consultations. Each one-on-one meeting is confidential and lasts 45 minutes.
At a Career Advising Appointment, you might
- Develop a career planning strategy
- Review your job documents
- Do a mock interview
- Take a career assessment
- Address concerns about all types of job searches, including the faculty job search
At a Graduate Writing Consultation, you might
- Thesis/Dissertation Proposals or Chapters
- Graduate Coursework
- Professional Documents (conference, publication, or application materials, e.g.)
- “Big issues” (brainstorming, organization/structure, logic/“flow,” audience)
- Narrower concerns (grammar, style, word choice, punctuation, sentence flow, clarity)
You can learn more, and schedule an appointment, by clicking here to talk to a Career Adviser or here to talk to a Writing Consultant.
We look forward to seeing you soon!