YAI Network Fellowship 2018
The Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies is currently accepting applications for the Spring 2018 YAI Fellowship. In collaboration with the CLACLS, the YAI will award a grant to support a $1,000 fellowship for one Ph.D. student at the Graduate Center, CUNY.
YAI supports people of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities in achieving the fullest life possible by creating new opportunities for living, loving, working, and learning. YAI is a network of agencies with programs that empower and enhance the lives of thousands of people we support and their families.
The competition is open to students at the Graduate Center who:
– Are enrolled full-time in a doctoral program, AND
– Are conducting individual research related to Latinos with intellectual or developmental disabilities, OR
– Are conducting individual research related to Latinos and health (broadly defined)
All applications must be submitted as ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT (Word or PDF) to email@example.com with the subject heading “[LAST NAME] 2018 YAI Fellowship Application.” Application materials must be organized as follows:
- 1. A single cover page stating the applicant’s full name, email address, home address, GC program, and field of study.
- 2. A one-page description of the research project, including research question, methodology, and research objective (12pt font, Times New Roman, 1” Margins, Single Spaced). If the current project is part of a group, you must demonstrate that your doctoral research will be on Latino communities as defined in the above criteria.
- 3. Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Monday, April 30, 2018, 5PM Friday, May 4, 2018, 5PM
Decisions will go out May 7th, 2018. For more information, contact CLACLS at 212.817.8438
The grant will be awarded on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at the YAI Latino Conference to be held at the Graduate Center. The recipient of the award must be present on the day of the conference for the award ceremony.
Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies
The Graduate Center, CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue, 5419
New York, NY 10016